Saturday, January 3, 2009

Holy Cow Moly!

I realize that it has been approximately 66 days since my last post. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Life has been absolute chaos for me the past two months. So, to recap...
Halloween... Very fun! Our little "B" was a "Bee," naturally. He loved running with the big kids from house to house, saying "Pees," and "Ank You." He even stayed up until midnight to take in all of the festivities.

Thanksgiving...We had a wonderful dinner at our friends the Nielsens. It was a the year to go with my family, and the event was held in St. George this year. So, because of my school schedule we were unable to attend. The Nielsens were kind enough to let us in to their home for an excellent home cooked meal. They were even nice enough to let me win the "Turkey Bowl," later that evening at the bowling alley. It was a very exciting game! Not only did I get a turkey(3 strikes in a row for those of you who aren't big on bowling0, but I also beat both Riley and Kole.

Precepting...I survived precepting! I was a little disappointed when I requested Labor and Delivery and got CVTU (Cardiovascular Thoracic Unit,) but I ended up absolutely loving it. Hearts have always scared me to death, but I faced my fears and ended up really loving the heart unit. Go figure...


Graduation... Yep, it's official. You may now start referring to me as Nurse Kate. I graduated, and was pinned an RN by one of my very best friends Stefani Layton. It was a very exciting day for me. Not only was I the class elected speaker, but Rob through me a really nice party with some of our family and friends afterward.

Christmas Break... Well the girls came up from St. George, and then came up again. My Sweet little Grandma Allen (Grams) passed away on December 22nd. The girls had been home for about 12 hours when it happened. So, the day after Christmas they turned around and came back up. Grams passing made Christmas hard for me this year, but watching Bennett with all the cousins and toys helped a lot. It also helped a lot to know that she didn't have to spend another Christmas alone. The Friday before Grams passed, all of my siblings, our spouses, and our children went to see Grams. It was so nice to see her, and it was almost like she waited for us to say goodbye. It was especially nice for me to be able to tell her that I finally graduated and was officially a nurse. She was very proud, and that meant so much to me. We had Grams viewing the day after Christmas, and her funeral the 27th. I had the opportunity to dress her, and do her makeup. I think she looked really beautiful and so peaceful. I am so glad that I have been able to do that for both my Mother and Grandmother.


Christmas...Despite the following days events, Christmas was really nice. We loved coordinating with "Santa," and had so much fun with Bennett Christmas morning. He got spoiled rotten, and loved every minute of it. Rob surprised me with an awesome video camera. So, once I figure it out, I will start posting video of the dude growing up. We were so crazy and busy that we didn't even get our Christmas cards sent out. We did attempt it though...

New Years... New Year's was pretty chill this year. We were so exhausted from all the excitement over the last two weeks that we just stayed home and hung out. I barely made it to midnight to welcome in the new year.

So, there you have it. I will try to be better at posting, once a week rather than once a quarter. But hey...at least you know that Eli is home and doing well.

5 comments:

Sammy said...

Congrats on graduating!!! that is awesome that you are a RN now, that is great, if you come back to McKay hopefully i'll be seeing you!

Josie said...

It is about time, seriously!

Anonymous said...

Kate I was about to snap if I saw eli one more time. ANyway your graduation ann. is so beautiful or as madi would say double gorgeous, so I need a copy to show off my hot nurse sister

Jen Story~Storybook Photos said...

Honestly, I about died when I saw a new post from you! LOL! Cute Christmas card, but it's a good thing you didn't send them out, because you spelled greetings wrong, lol! And just so you know, Photoshop has a spell checker! I learned that the hard way!

Karson and Kami said...

Hey Katie! Congrats on your nursing. That's awesome!

I have been looking through your past posts on your blog. Your little family is so cute!