Thursday, April 24, 2008

Missing Mom


Today is my mom's birthday. She would have been 49 years old today. It is weird to think that my mom would be rounding the corner to 50 soon. I can't ever imagine her aging and getting old. I miss her so much, and I wish she was here. I guess it is true what they say, when one door closes it opens another. I lost my mom, but being with Rob has opened so many doors for me. I have a whole new family, and I never imagined I could love the Story's as much as my own family, but I do. Not to mention that Rob and I have made a fun little family of our own with Tyke & Bennett. I am just really grateful that families are forever. I love all of my family so much. My neighbor growing up, Verla Fraiser, once told me that a real family doesn't have any in-laws, or steps. I love that because now instead of having 3 sisters I have 5, instead of 1 brother I have 2. As well as 2 moms and 2 dads. And don't forget the kids... 7 nephews, and 7 nieces. It really makes life, twice as sweet! Anyways, just wanted to share my thoughts today, and tell you all that I love you and appreciate you. Especially those of you who help me with Bennett. I am so lucky cause Dixie, Ging, Ellie, Jen, Nat, and Alia are all so willing to help. And not to mention my other sisters...Krista, Tammy, and Tares. You guys are the best!

4 comments:

Jen Story~Storybook Photos said...

Happy Birthday Kath! I miss you everday still! Say hi to my baby girl!!

RichKids said...

You are so sweet! I am so glad you are a part of our family too. I can't imagine a sweeter sister-in-law...or should I say sister. I know today must be a hard day for you, but just know that I love you and will always be here for you. I know your mom is too. In fact she is probably the one who sent you to us! Love ya!

Josie said...

So, thinking of Mom today, I bought yellow laffy taffys and york pepermint patties and took some to Deli to share. Pierce and Madi were loving the laffy taffys! We need to watch Dirty Rotten Scoundrals and think of Mom laughing!

Stefani said...

I miss your Mom too. I am so glad I have never forgotten her voice. I can still here her say "Stef!" as I walk through your back door. I love ya Kate, I think about your fam all the time. We had so much fun together. You know I would be there to help if I could.