Friday, February 20, 2009

Toilet Trouble

So, I have this great idea that I am going to potty train the dude before I go back to work in April. Good thinking...right? So, I went to the store, bought a cute potty, got Bennett all sorts of excited... I think that I am on the right track of getting this all right. So, every couple of hours I ask him if he wants to sit on the potty. I take off his diaper and his pants and he is hanging out on the pot. For some reason, he decides that he needs to take off all of his clothes. So, he strips down to his birthday suit and is hanging out. At this point nothing is happening, so we start doing other things. So, I am putting away clothes, picking up toys, and whatever else and I am thinking that I will just keep a close eye on that little naked guy. Of course, the phone rings and a friend needs me to jump on the computer and look at something. So, I am preoccupied and all of the sudden Bennett gets that look...I was not able to get off the phone fast enough. As a girl I assumed that it would just dribble down his legs. I was way wrong!!! That thing shot off like a rocket launcher and sprayed everywhere. Needless to say, my kitchen walls got a much needed scrubbing. I guess we will try again tomorrow. Any and all tips are appreciated!

5 comments:

Bodacious Barlows said...

run over to Kid To Kid and pick him up a potty watch. They are usually at the front right where you pay. It's a little watch with a toilet on it. you can set it for 30, 60, or 90 minutes. It's a timer and when it goes off it plays a song and reminds them to jump on the potty and go. It worked really well for Kyrie. It's worth a try.

Jen Story~Storybook Photos said...

Hahahaha! Can't wait to potty train Maddyn!

RichKids said...

LOL! My tip?: Don't do it. It's not worth the effort until they are ready to do it themselves.

Melanie said...

Oh my gosh that is so funny. Daniel has sat on the potty lots and never gone and he too thinks he needs to strip off all his clothes.

Jenny and Kasey said...

dribble down his leg? poor guy isn't getting the credit he deserves! :)

I guess if Kara has that same problem as bennett, then I have a problem.