Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend!


This weekend was bitter-sweet, we had so many things going on, and it went by WAY too fast. Friday night we celebrated Rob's dad's 70th Birthday. We had a surprise party at Maddox for him, and made him a really special book. I think he really enjoyed being there with all of his siblings, children, and grandchildren. We had a nice dinner, and we were up in the cozy lodge, which was awesome cause the kids could play and not bug the rest of the guests. Happy Birthday Chuck!!! Saturday, was a hard day for my Rob. He sold his second "love" and I think it was really hard for him to watch his EVO drive away with a little Asian guy inside it. After 4 years, hours in the shop, lot's of money, and a whole lot of memories, Rob decided that it was in our families best interest to sale the car. I know how much he loved that car, but I am proud of him for making the choice that he did. We are hoping to replace the car with another fun toy, hopefully one that the whole family can enjoy. Mother's Day was a beautiful day, and I was so excited to be with my boys and just hang out. Rob took me golfing, and Bennett gave me a "Mother's Day Special, Spa Day." I am super excited about going and getting pampered for a day. Ging and Tay were so sweet, they got me a gift certificate to Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Ging and Tay even took my B's for a few hours, so me and Rob could have a break from the little sick boy. I was thinking yesterday when I was texting everyone Happy Mother's Day, how many wonderful "Mom's" I know. I feel like I am a good mother, and I know it is because I watch all of the wonderful women around me be wives and mothers, and they ROCK! I just want to say thanks, too all the great women in my life. You guys are so awesome, and I think the world of you. I am so excited for Jen, Tammy, and Kristy to become mother's here in the next few months. It is such an amazing calling, and you will enjoy every minute with your little angels. I love my Bennett so much, he is so cute, and so fun to love. Thank you Bennett, for making me your mommy. Thanks, Rob for giving me a little dude, and for making me your wife. I love you both so much!! Yesterday was really a great day. Amos, Ginger, Tay, Rob, Bennett, and me went and had a picnic with "mom" at her graveside. It was fun to hang out, and reminisce off all the good times. It was pretty hilarious too, Amos was getting text messages about every 30 seconds on how the Jazz were doing. Then we went and had dinner with Rob's family. It was so yummy, and we always love spending time up in the Valley. Both of us feel like we are "home." I hope you all had a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Pieces of Us said...

I'm so glad you had such a good Mother's Day! You deserve it! Congratulations on getting the Evo sold! I'm shocked it's actually gone. Is Rob in mourning? Haha, I would be a little bit. =) I bet it's so nice to actually have it out of your garage though!