Saturday, March 22, 2008

The boy is 1!


Well, our little "B" made it a whole year. He is such an angel and we are so grateful that we got him. Last night we had a little party for him, I was just listening to what everyone was calling him. That little guy has a lot of names. I was just thinking that I should write them all down, so we can remember all the fun things we called him. So his actual name is Bennett Race, but the list of aliases is quite extensive...

B

Bees

Bees Wax

BeeZee

Benny B

Ben

Benny B Bobby Beaver Buffalo Boof

BenneWennett

Racer

Race Face

Racee

B-Diddy

Bean

Benihana

Little Dude

Little B

Love Bug

Angel Face

And my dad calls Jackson & Bennett, Bennett & Broke it.

In my family, you don't actually go by your name. I am pretty sure my dad has a nickname for every person that he associates with. And I have taken on some of that, and usually just shorten everyones names. I usually just call everyone the first syllable of their name.

All this naming got me curious, so I just went and dug out my baby book. My parents did the same thing and called me all sorts of funny names...

Cute Kate

Tiny Mite

10 Pounds of Fun

Gorgeous

Cooly Cooly

Boola Van Dyke

Boot-Bate

Funny huh....

Anyways, I was just looking at my little guy today, and can't beleive that he is one. What a fun age. He is so cute, and all of you who know him know of his beautiful blue eyes. I don't think I have ever taken him out of my house without someone stopping me to tell me how cute he is, and how amazing his big blue eyes are. He has the biggest blue eyes, and they are framed in with the longest blond eyelashes you have ever seen. He really is an angel baby. I am excited to watch him learn and grow more and more. I love you Bennett, Happy 1st Birthday!!!

1 comment:

The White House said...

Rob and Kate your little one is so handsome. I cannot believe he is one. Ryan and I miss you guys, we were sorry we didnt get to see you at christmas but we are coming home this summer and would love to spend some time with you. You can see our blog through robs sisters under white house.