Thursday, June 5, 2008

My Grams...

"Dougie" & "Benny & the jets"

Grandma Allen & Bennett
I love this picture cause you can see my grams cute little old house.

Today was a tough day for my family and my Grandma Allen. She is rounding the corner to 86 years old and it is really starting to take it's toll on her. After a few falls, episodes of dementia, and a past stroke it was time to have full-time care for her. We took her this morning to the care center. I had a really hard time leaving her there all by herself. It is just so hard for me to believe that my grams might not ever be home again. I grew up next door to my grams for 20 years, and then even lived with her briefly after my mom died. Although our 60 year age difference sometimes got the best of us, we still had a good time. I love my Grams, and I hope that she will do well at the care center. She was so excited that "her baby" came with her. She loves Bennett to death, and he really lightened the mood for all of us. I hope that this is the best choice for her and my dad. It is a tough chore to be in charge of the care of someone else, as all of us know. I just hope that everything goes well. My grams is so cute, and she loves everyone so much.
Love you Grams...

1 comment:

Jen Story~Storybook Photos said...

Oh little grams! She will be ok, just visit her a lot! She is so cute! By the way, please remove that sick sick picture of me below!!!!